Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

VOGUE

Fashion internships in New York - always a position available but someone else always gets the offer.  Here's my experience: I stumbled upon an internship at VOGUE in the accessories closet on a website that posts other fashion magazine internships. I of course sent my resume right away to the listed contact and was prepared to wait for a response for up to two weeks. After two weeks was up I sent a follow up email to her, but immediately got back an email explaining she would be out of the office for the next month or so, but to send emails to another girl in the office. I sent the email to the new contact and we set up an interview for Monday August 29 - little did I know at the time that there would be a hurricane scare that would delay my arrival until Tuesday. I had little time to notify Vogue of my change in plans and sent out 2 emails trying to reschedule with her, but heard nothing back for days. I finally decided to just call her at her office but it went straight to voice mail and I left a timid and shaky message for her to call me back. She emailed me back and we interviewed this afternoon! The Vogue offices are so nice and intimidating. If you have ever seen the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", I was Andy today, but wearing a better outfit. The interviewers were very nice, but pretty tough ladies. We chatted about my experience and other interview questions and long story short.......just received an email from her I start on Tuesday for orientation! I got the internship at Vogue! I hope I can survive there! Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment