Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

broadway, cathedrals, and vintage oh my!

take 2: I decided to try and re-type everything i already wrote but got deleted.

On Friday I was able to leave work early- I was out by 6pm! yay! Went to bed early to get up for a busy and fun filled Saturday. I woke up Saturday morning and got ready then my moms sisters came to the city! We went to a concierge recommended Jewish deli for lunch. The food was delicious! The sandwiches were stacked with a huge fistful of deli meat! yum! After the meal we walked around Times Square and into a few shops then made our way to the theater for the Lion King on broadway. The show was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend seeing it! Great for any age especially young ones, but I loved it too! The costumes were phenomenal- the animals were all operated by people- my favorite were the 2 giraffes- they looked so graceful and effortless moving across the stage! After the show we went to Da Rosina's for dinner on restaurant row. Another delicious meal of authentic Italian food! I look forward to their next visit in November when we are going to see the Rockettes! :)

Sunday was another fun day! Me and my roommate got up and went to St. Patrick's Cathedral for 10:15 am mass. I know I'm not Catholic, but the Cathedral was on my list of sites to see while I am here. Inside the Cathedral is just breath taking! The arches and the stainglass and the huge columns; it was very well attended by locals and tourists. Following the service, me and my roomie went to do something Holly Golightly did every morning. Don't recognize the reference? Think Audrey Hepburn: Breakfast at Tiffany's. Yes, we went to get our morning coffee and muffin and stood outside Tiffany's to have some breakfast. There were also many other tourists doing the same! Later, we went meet up with a fellow intern I work with at Vogue and she took us all around greenwich village/soho area and showed us the best thrift and vintage shops. I bought a wool light grey peacoat- it has no label but it says it was made in Italy which counts for something right? While we were walking around we stumbled upon Little Italy and there was the Italian fest going on and so we walked through there for awhile. There were so many Italians! haha After all that walking, our feet were killing us and so we headed back home to soak our feet in the tub! Felt so good!

My 21st birthday is in 2 days! I can't wait! 4 of my friends are coming this weekend to help me celebrate! Wish you all were here with me too! Next time I write a new post I will be able to buy my own cocktail legally! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment