Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Best Day So Far:::

The best day so far at my internship was yesterday, Friday, September 16th. It started with me coming into the office and my boss telling me that Anna's assistants needed me for an errand to run for them. (Anna in case you don't know who she is: She is the editor in chief of Vogue magazine- so from the movie The Devil Wears Prada, she is the devil of the magazine- Anna Wintour) So, of course when I hear I have to do an errand for one of her assistants I get really nervous- butterflies in my stomach and everything. I walk into where her assistants are which is just like the movie: two desks facing each other outside double doors to Anna's office, and all 3 of her assistants are sitting there doing their work in silence, (Anna is not in the office on this particular day) She explains she needs me to go to some bakery and pick up a bday cake for one of the assistants birthdays, but quickly retracts that statement and tells me to come back at 1:50pm.  Again, I'm nervous until 1:50pm. So, I continue with everyday accessories closet duties: returning things to designers, checking in new things, and of course laying huge bins of shoes and bags out on the table for the editors to come in and tell us that everything is not usable and we re-closet everything: this is known as a huge waste of time.  But anyway, on this day we had 2 major fittings to do in the closet so for the most part all 4 of the interns are cramped in the office trying to get our work done. The first fitting is for a famous model, Karlie Kloss! For those of you scratching your head, the next fitting is for two people you'll recognize: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen! I was in the closet after Karlie moving shoes from the table to the floor and as I am finishing up, the twins walk in, I walk out and brush shoulders with them! Of course everyone in the office is all nonchalant about it and me, being the dork that I am freak out because I just walked past the Olsen twins! Later we found their guest passes on the floor and I grabbed up Ashley Olsen's pass as a keepsake to remember them by!

So now the best part of the day: it is now 1:50pm and Anna's assistant needs me to pick up Anna's Balenciaga dress and trench coat at the dry cleaners in the Bronx and pick up her Manolo Blahnik boots that were being repaired at the Leather Spa on 55th. I'm just starting to become used to the streets here, but going to the Bronx by myself to get something as important as her dry cleaning! I don't think so! But she arranged for me to have my own car and my own driver to be at my command. So I went to run those errands for her and the whole time I felt so cool driving around the city with my own personal chauffeur! And once I returned, she had me go to Anna Wintour's townhouse to drop them off for them to be packed up in her suitcases. So, I had another car and another driver for this errand. I wish I could write where she lives, but I cannot, if you would really want to know ask me! But, I got there and her maid answered and there on the floor was her Louis Vuitton luggage all lined up. I was only there for 30 seconds, not enough time to even look around and give full details! Just being there, I felt so cool!

I returned to the office and her assistant was so nice and appreciative that I was able to help her out! I even got to go home early on a Friday: 8pm instead of 8:30 or 9pm! :) Not much of a difference, but it helps I guess.

I miss everyone a lot! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this new fall weather! :) I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment