Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What's an Ohio?

I know this may sound really crazy, but I feel like a native New Yorker already; after only 3 months, I feel like I've lived here my whole life. The other day me and my roommate Jenna were talking about how we are leaving this city in a little over a month and we started to tear up. I never want to leave. I know I will be back after graduation of May 2013 and I am counting down the days until I can return here once again! The hard thing about loving the city is that I will be so far away from my family and friends that I love back in Ohio. But sometimes in order to move on in life and be successful, you have to leave behind everything familiar and comfortable. My dad once told me I was tough, now I believe him. I've proved to myself that after all those years of living at home and never being away from my parents for more than a couple of days at a time that I am capable of being independent and living somewhere by myself. Mom and Dad I love you for everything you've ever done for me and all the prayers you say for me everyday. I wish I could have my city and my family too, but I know my family will always be with me no matter where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment