Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 16, 2011

The excitement is building. Resumes have been sent out. Soon the follow up phone calls will begin. This summer is serving as a long good bye to everything comfortable and secure in my life. Once I arrive in the city, I become an alien in a foreign territory- or at least that’s how I’ll feel for the first couple acclimating weeks. Every summer party or get together so far there has been the question posed to me as to whether I am “excited”. Although I feel the anticipation building and I’m bursting with excitement, I cannot bring myself to admit to others the level of enthusiasm I am feeling inside. I feel a mix of emotions going through my mind; obvious excitement, nervousness, fear, sadness, and joy. I already covered excitement, but I’m nervous about the city itself; there are over 8 million people living on the island and being one life in the midst of everything seems daunting. I am scared my voice will not be heard, but I have always thought my voice was worth listening to. Sadness will hit me like a ton of bricks the moment my parents drop me off, every time they call, every time I talk to my friends and family, and then again once I am home missing the city. Of course, there is joy to be found in this new venture; a new city to conquer and make my own, a place to make new friends and memories and let’s not forget the thing that brings me the most joy: FASHION! Step 3: how to pack for an entire semester, spanning 3 seasons, in one car…I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment